Egg production lately

It is one thing to share thoughts and what they hear, it is another to defame a company. It is called libel when it is done in print. I would think the moderator would have something to say about this.
The Times Sullivan Standard
Merely repeating a thing generally doesn't reach anywhere near that very high bar, particularly where the repetition is provided in the form of a question. Its hard to attribute deliberate posting with knowledge of falsehood to people who wallow in ignorance. There is also the reasonable reader standard (see, for instance, Hustler v Falwell and its progeny) which basically stand for the proposition that the more outrageous the claim, the more likely it is to protected - because no REASONABLE person would believe it likely true.

Much easier to libel a private person. Extremely difficult to libel a public company on a matter of public concern.

There is also some benefit to the Mods in not activvely moderating under the standards set forth in what was the Communications Decency Act, Section 230, though the exact landscape of where content moderation crosses the line into unprotected publication is still being actively litigated.

^^^ NOT legal advice. I'm not licensed to practice anywhere. I'm just a guy with an opinion and odd reading habits.

It is one thing to share thoughts and what they hear, it is another to defame a company. It is called libel when it is done in print. I would think the moderator would have something to say about this.
I don't believe it is libel. I went back through and read the posts. People are permitted to share their experiences while naming a product/company; whether it is good or bad. Besides the legal stance, I worry much more about "shutting people down" because we don't want to hear what they are saying and/or believe they are repeating "incorrect" information. We (the people) are free, and we should not be reduced to limiting what anyone says. I think it insults our intelligence to limit any information. We should be able to read it all and make our own decisions.

Zero production issues with my birds, they've been producing well all winter. My chickens are free-range though and the feed I supplement them with is goat feed

We have 9 chickens (they were born last April). They are consistently laying 7-8 eggs per day. We live in North Idaho. Even yesterday when it was a high of 17 degrees they laid 7 eggs. We do not buy commercial feed. We purchase our feed from a local feed and grain farm that produces their own feed.

I've been hearing that there IS a link to the feed. If your chickens have stopped laying, you might want to try changing their feed. If you can get something that is produced local, I would try it.. That will tell you if it is the feed or not.

I feel somethings up. I have several people at work who owned chickens for many years and it’s never this egg dry. They switched to other thing ( goat food, veggie scraps) and suddenly eggs again
I’ve had chickens for about 7-8 yrs and my new layers usually lay at least a little over the winter. I’ve had maybe one eggs a week if that for a few months. Daylight conducts the laying schedule yes but daylight hours are starting to extend. I’ve never been this egg dry
I hear some people blaming dumor and some blame purina ( which I was using) I personally don’t know what’s up ( so I feel I personally can’t place blame but something is weird) but switched my gals with goats feed ( sometimes little tuna and meal worms and veggie scraps) starting yesterday and see what happens

I don't think anyone is causing "chaos". People here need to feel like they can say what they hear and are thinking, without being "labeled" as causing "chaos". We all have one very important thing in common...we love our birds. Let's let all of the members...who, by the way, we may all need someday...freely and openly share their thoughts.
Oh gosh, sorry....I didn't mean the people on here. I meant some of the doom and gloom youtubers mostly getting people all worked up. I agree, coming here to learn and talk about things is a great asset to chicken keepers. I should have been clearer in my post.

I apologize.

Oh gosh, sorry....I didn't mean the people on here. I meant some of the doom and gloom youtubers mostly getting people all worked up. I agree, coming here to learn and talk about things is a great asset to chicken keepers. I should have been clearer in my post.

I apologize.
Well, I am sorry for misunderstanding.

Back
Top Bottom