Egg production lately

I’ve seen tons of people are posting videos & tiktocs about their chickens stopping laying, as well as about the feed not expanding anymore when they put it in water. Mostly Purina & Nestle feed. Just big name brands 🤨
Very interesting.
Nestle has nothing to do with livestock feed unless outside the U.S..

Nestle owns the pet Food NOT the chicken feed.
I really wish these companies would be more transparent when they get involved with these huge conglomerates/multi-national corporations.
Purina is involved with Nestle, even if not specifically for the chicken feed… in the US.
I didn’t even know how many brands Nestle owned! Some were genuinely a shock to me.

When I left for the store, one of my 3 yo hens was on a nest. When a came back, another 3 yo was on that nest. Hoping there are 2 eggs later today.

My "2 every 3 days" girl has been a little bit on the blink. She's not one of the above mentioned birds.

Some more sunshine today. We had more minutes of sunshine by Feb4 than we did the entire month of January. No matter what happens with my feed experiment, I think the change in egg laying is due to that. Not switching feeds. Just my opinion.

I really wish these companies would be more transparent when they get involved with these huge conglomerates/multi-national corporations.
Purina is involved with Nestle, even if not specifically for the chicken feed… in the US.
I didn’t even know how many brands Nestle owned! Some were genuinely a shock to me.
Purina Chicken feed is NOT involved with Nestle. Purina Pet food is owned by Nestle.

Not that I am worried...yet, but in a few chicken groups I am a part of, there has been a big uptick in people saying their hens are not laying. Aside from it being cold in most of the U.S., less daylight, some have/are molting, etc., many hen owners are saying they are getting very few eggs or none at all. They're now pointing towards certain feeds possibly causing them not to lay. So far people are pointing towards Tractor Supply Dumor or Producers Pride. They say they've had chickens 10, 20 years, whatever and have never seen production issues like this. Mine stopped laying in October (molted). I have 1 that lays throughout, just slow, and another one that has laid a couple eggs over the last 2 weeks. I suppose she's starting back to it. I don't use supplemental light. I just let them have a break.
So my question is, is anyone seeing production issues (aside from cold, light, molting) that seems out of the ordinary? If so, what feed do you use? Also if not, what feed do you use? Trying to figure out if there is anything to this or not!! Thanks!!
I am having the same issue with my hens. No eggs since Oct. There is usually a break through the holidays but they should be starting back. My sister in law (in another town) and my niece (in another state) are experiencing the same thing. We all have different breeds and ages of hens. However, we all get our feed from Tractor Supply. I use both Producers Pride and Dumor. I wonder if it has been reformulated and I need to add a supplement.

I am having the same issue with my hens. No eggs since Oct. There is usually a break through the holidays but they should be starting back. My sister in law (in another town) and my niece (in another state) are experiencing the same thing. We all have different breeds and ages of hens. However, we all get our feed from Tractor Supply. I use both Producers Pride and Dumor. I wonder if it has been reformulated and I need to add a supplement.
That's what people are saying that it had to be reformulated due to them not being able to get certain ingredients. My hens started back up laying last weekend, probably due to longer daylight hours finally getting them back into gear. I have been supplementing with black soldier fly larvae all winter, and I decided to mix in a little bit of chick starter crumbles a couple weeks ago (adding to their DuMor All Flock). I recently grew some barley fodder and have given them that over the past few days. They love fodder! It's great when there isn't a lot of green stuff around to eat.

That's what people are saying that it had to be reformulated due to them not being able to get certain ingredients. My hens started back up laying last weekend, probably due to longer daylight hours finally getting them back into gear. I have been supplementing with black soldier fly larvae all winter, and I decided to mix in a little bit of chick starter crumbles a couple weeks ago (adding to their DuMor All Flock). I recently grew some barley fodder and have given them that over the past few days. They love fodder! It's great when there isn't a lot of green stuff around to eat.
I've been thinking of coin some fodder or sprouts. I happen to have some broccoli sprouting seeds. Have never sprouted, before.

Back
Top Bottom