Egg production lately

Pics
Hi all… think you might find this video interesting (and possibly relieving from this topic).
Lab test results for several Tractor Supply chicken feed bags…
https://www.onenewspage.com/video/2...ly-chicken-feed-lab-test-results-released.htm
I stopped buying from tractor supply mostly because of price and now I buy from a feed store at a lower price. But I never bought the 16% for I like a higher amount of protein that. So we usually get 20% or higher. Our feed store is about $4 less a bag on chicken feed and cheaper on our rabbit and quail feed too. I do hate that Tractor Supply doesn't offer a military discount.

I stopped buying from tractor supply mostly because of price and now I buy from a feed store at a lower price. But I never bought the 16% for I like a higher amount of protein that. So we usually get 20% or higher. Our feed store is about $4 less a bag on chicken feed and cheaper on our rabbit and quail feed too. I do hate that Tractor Supply doesn't offer a military discount.
Awesome you found a good place to buy from.
I found it really interesting, the breakdown of the lab results from each brand of chicken food. And what was pleasantly surprising to me was that most of the feed (especially the organic) had reasonable levels of metals, toxins, etc.

Yeah that would be nice for us, too.

I've had chickens for 10 years. Mixed flock. My girls stopped laying for about 8 months or more last year, but it was possibly explainable as shock from a fox attack. Now my girls aren't laying again this year, all year. I think only one is laying sporadically. No clue what is happening, but this is an actual legit issue. I did change feed last year and they did start laying again within a week or two, but I really think that was coincidence. And yes, they always lay all winter, just a bit less. So you are not alone in this issue.

Back
Top Bottom