Egg quality.

I've had to throw half of them out today as a week in the bator and candling and only 4 have developed the rest still had moving darkened yolks with blood rings 😒

On a brighter note I popped the first 2 eggs laid by my girls into the bator just in case and 5 days in n we have definate veining when candled 😳😳 Didn't think they'd be fertile yet but seems my boys are ON IT ... Randy lil dumplings 🤣🤣 fingers crossed they develop all the way. Im excited to see what comes from those eggs 😁
Bad news about the eggs you bought, but great news about your own! Good to know in the future you won't need to rely on someone else's subpar eggs 😜

Bad news about the eggs you bought, but great news about your own! Good to know in the future you won't need to rely on someone else's subpar eggs 😜
Yeah I've only been happy with 1 batch of purchased eggs n tht was my first hatch, where my birds are from. I've bought 3 more batches since then coz wanted to create my own colony with differing bloodlines, 2nd purchase I only had 1 of 6 hatch (Max), 3rd purchase 3 out of 12. And this last one tht looks like a possible 4 out of 12. With my first batch I ordered 24, got 36, 4 were smashed on arrival. 17 hatched out. I kept 6 of tht group.

I have 1 more provider to try out for new blood but it will be my last this season. I've already got a waiting list for babies from my og 6 (we have a lot of aviary enthusiasts in the UK) 😁😁

Yeah I've only been happy with 1 batch of purchased eggs n tht was my first hatch, where my birds are from. I've bought 3 more batches since then coz wanted to create my own colony with differing bloodlines, 2nd purchase I only had 1 of 6 hatch (Max), 3rd purchase 3 out of 12. And this last one tht looks like a possible 4 out of 12. With my first batch I ordered 24, got 36, 4 were smashed on arrival. 17 hatched out. I kept 6 of tht group.

I have 1 more provider to try out for new blood but it will be my last this season. I've already got a waiting list for babies from my og 6 (we have a lot of aviary enthusiasts in the UK) 😁😁
That's great that there's demand! I bought my ladies as adults and I am waayyy too daunted to try hatching my own! The investment in equipment and space to breed is too much for me. Happy with my little group of gals and the eggs I get to eat 🤣

Back
Top Bottom