egg recipes - eggs as a "meatless" meal

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Linda in San Diego, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
  2. Thanx loved this website signed up immediately for their email marrie

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OHH I have the best Egg Recipe ever!

Sweedish Pancakes (egg pancakes)

Preheat stovetop to number 7 if your knobs have numbers...or med high heat while you begin this mixture

Break six eggs into a large bowl
    Add three cups of milk and 1 1/2 T of sugar whisk that together (do not over whisk)
    Now add 2 cups of flour whisk the flour in slowly so you don't get lumps

Pour a little olive oil into hot pan and pour about 1/2 - 3/4 cup mixture into pan...this will look VERY thin and it's suppose to be. When the bottom is med brown flip it over. This gets done really quickly so never leave it unattended.

Put the pancake on a plate put a little butter on it and take your fork and roll it up into a log shape. Pour syrup over top and top with sugar. OH THIS IS SO GOOD! Every time we have company they want me to make these lol

We buy aunt Jemima butter lite...seems to be everyone's favorite for this type of pancake.

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    one of my grandmothers recipes is creamed eggs on toast. slice boiled eggs, add to a cream sauce of flour, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Serve over toast. Very good and easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by