Egg storage

Related question: I have left eggs in the fridge (unwashed) when my ladies were particularly prolific, and after a day or so they would get covered with condensation. As this is water, will it damage the bloom?

I had to cull two. The first got prolapse, second became an egg eater. I started finding wet shavings a few times a month. I caught her in the act, pecking an egg when I opened the nest box cover. Only one wet nest since in over a month. GC
That stinks. As far as egg eating goes try keeping ceramic eggs in the boxes. I always keep ceramic eggs in the boxes and have not really had an issue with that.

That stinks. As far as egg eating goes try keeping ceramic eggs in the boxes. I always keep ceramic eggs in the boxes and have not really had an issue with that.
20191017_091049_resized.jpg 20191017_091031_resized.jpg . The white eggs are ceramic. I like when all nests are used. Usually the nest on the left gets all the eggs. 20190521_130207.jpg . GC

I had to cull two. The first got prolapse, second became an egg eater. I started finding wet shavings a few times a month. I caught her in the act, pecking an egg when I opened the nest box cover. Only one wet nest since in over a month. GC
:lau No leniency with you. You find the traitor and “off with yer head, matey.”

Back
Top Bottom