Egg there but won't come out. How long does it take?

azhenhouse

Songster
9 Years
11 Years
Jul 12, 2010
North Eastern Arizona
My duck has a prolapsed vent, and had stitches pulled out so that she could lay this egg inside her. She has been pushing, and pushing all day. I finally put her in a tub. Will this help or do I need to do more? You can totally see it start to come out when she pushes, but it doesn't quite make it. Help!

She needs to be warm, and given lots of time in a warm tub, deep enough for her to float. Anything you can do to help her relax (given the way her week has been going, that might be challenging) will help.

If you can see it comeing out them maybe after the bath you could put some KY jelly or vasaline around her vent to lubricate her vent so it will be easier to push out? Good luck to your girl!!!

I put her in a warm tub, and put vasaline (sp?) in and outside her bottom. Finally, sometime between 12:00am and 4:00am she laid an egg. Obviously this is the duck laying the double yoked eggs. The thing was gigantic! She is on a low protein diet so I hope that helps her stop laying such big eggs. Thanks.

Great news!!

I put her in a warm tub, and put vasaline (sp?) in and outside her bottom. Finally, sometime between 12:00am and 4:00am she laid an egg. Obviously this is the duck laying the double yoked eggs. The thing was gigantic! She is on a low protein diet so I hope that helps her stop laying such big eggs. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom