Egg Turners?

MeghanFaith

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 4, 2013
Will the little giant egg turner work with turkey eggs. I know the turkey hatching eggs I get fit into a large chicken egg carton. If not can you use a different brand egg turner in a little giant incubator?

Last edited:
They will fit, but very often you'll have to skip a space to get them to sit correctly. I have 20 and that is maxed in my LG w/an et.. For with it's worth I did not get any of my first clutch to hatch with my LG, they are 5 days behind.

Last edited:
What happened to your first clutch? I just attempted my first incubation with 7 chick eggs, 5 duck & 5 turkey. The chicks came from ebay and the turkey and duck came from a local lady. After culling infertile and such I had 5 chick eggs, 3 turkey and 3 duck. It being my first time incubating I didn't realize I was supposed to put the chicks in a week BEFORE, I think that's the reason for my disastrous results. Out of the chicks 3 or the 5 hatched, which I was happy with. However I think when they hatched out it messed with my humidity too much. None of the turkeys made it and only one duck survived. When I did my eggtopsy all were fully developed just not alive. So I'm going to try again without chicks this time (I have too many!) As soon as I can get a new batch.

Agreed on the frustrating part. I'm pretty sure the one duck that hatch will probably grow up thinking it's just a chicken that like water haha! The lady I get the eggs from sells them very reasonable 3$ for Blue Slate and 1$ for Indian Runner. Only problem now is that all her hens went broody
hmm.png
, good for her not so much for me. I'm hoping one gives up and I can try again soon! Where did you try to keep your temp and humidity? Like I said I'm pretty sure I know what happened to my eggs, it just made it suck more since they were fully developed!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom