Egg wait anyone???

Hi no eggs here either!! we have 2 americaunas that are 26 weeks, I dont expect much out of one though, She is very small and was ill. We also have at 26 weeks a Buff Orphington, a silver laced Wyandotte, a barred rock, a rhode Island Red and 2 golden sex links. We also have 2 black australorps that are 24 weeks. I know they get in the nests because i can see where they have moved the material around. I was wondering if they didnt like the nest material. I have pine shavings in the nests and also on the floor of the coop. I have a light to wake the girls up on time but no eggs! I think they think they are princesses.

No eggs here. I have 6 girls for sure who are at 18wks, they are starting to get there combs and wattles, and the 7th on who is also at 18wks but i dont know if its a he or she, i think its a he, my dad thinks its a she. He has no spurs, hasn't crowed yet, but is bigger than our other BO and the comb and wattle are a nice red color. I have been going out there every morning looking at the boxes, and the only ones who go in them are the 4wk old wyandottes.
barnie.gif
. They need to lay me sum eggs. I had figured the my leghorns would have started laying by now, mean little birds.

Lol my leghorns were kinda mean too. But they were probably the last of the birds I had at that time to lay. Once they got going, they were the best layers. Do you have a picture of the suspected cockerel? If so we can probably tell you for sure if it is.

can you hear me now? :

Lol my leghorns were kinda mean too. But they were probably the last of the birds I had at that time to lay. Once they got going, they were the best layers. Do you have a picture of the suspected cockerel? If so we can probably tell you for sure if it is.

Ya i do. Also when he runs he kinda waddles a little. LOL i laugh every time. But if it is a he, hes the sweetest roo, i cant pick him up yet but i cant do that to any of the others and hes the most social with me other than one of my EE who talks to me non-stop. sorry for the bad quality pic.
1103001314b.jpg

1103001314.jpg

here he is next to the hen. notice the size dif.
1103001312.jpg

4 of my 24 week old chickens are Australorps, and they aren't laying yet either! My only layer so far is a barred plymouth rock, and she just started last week. I'll wait with ya! Know it'll be worth it though. My aussies are the sweetest things....

can you hear me now? :

Yup definitely a cockerel. Try giving treats like popcorn. My girls eat it out of my hands. Makes hem easier to pick up and most of em are quite used to me.

will do thanks.​

Back
Top Bottom