Egg wait anyone???

I should go outside tomorrow and tell mine that. I found two of the nesting boxes half empty this morning when i went out there, so they are moving stuff around in there.

Finally my Plymouth White Rock laid her first egg yesterday after a 23 1/2 week wait. Sure enough 6 days after squatting when I would reach for her, and some strange anxiety yesterday morning, I new she was ready to give up an egg.
cool.png

barnie.gif
I have 2 40 week (10 MONTHS!) old black cochin pullets and still no eggs from them! But they're pretty so they won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
big_smile.png
Crazy chickens...
roll.png

Quote:
Yeah that's awesome! Ar you waiting for others? We got our 1st egg of 4 chickens two weeks ago, but have only gotten 6 eggs total since then. This is a very slow process!

Mine will be 21 weeks tomorrow and no eggs from New Hampshire Red, Australorp, Buff Orpington, Black Sex link and Russian Orloff.
barnie.gif

This makes me feel soo much better
smile.png

My chickens are also 21 weeks old and still no eggs (but I know they are saving up to lay the best eggs ever!) I have 2 buff orpingtons, 1 light brahma and an easteregger.

Back
Top Bottom