Egg wait anyone???

Quote:
I have 6- 5 month old Aussies and they can get a little loud if they have something to say. Fair warning.
At least the things they have to say are usually along the lines of "HEY! WE'VE LAID AN EGG!!!"
big_smile.png

Perhaps you can bribe the neighbors with pretty brown eggs!

Brightest Blessings

My pullets are 23 weeks and no eggs yet. I have one each of BO, EE, Black Langshan, Welsummer and Barred Rock. Some have gotten pretty large wattles and combs. The Welsumer has a crush on my husband. She squats as soon as he walks into their large run.

I have 6 younger chicks that are 27-28 weeks old. the BR /Marans (not sure which), BSL, and one of the EE are laying. Still waiting for the other EE, BO, and Wellsummer. It is so hard to wait. The BO's comb is still pink, the Wellsummer's comb is red but not very big, and the other EE's comb is red but still tiny, but she has been squating for me. By the way the one EE (Jasmine) is laying a very pretty olive green egg. It is hard to wait but I wouldn't trade it for anything, I love my chickens!

Last edited:
Did anyone get eggs? Still none here - I bet the 5 month old pullets that I was sold were more like 3 month olds
sad.png

None here either. They're all at 20 weeks. I keep telling myself that some of the girls have combs and wattles that are really bright red so I'll get eggs any day now ... but they're really not.

DSC00086.jpg

I got my first egg last Friday when I got home from work. Whichever girl it was went 4 days straight laying but she took yesterday off. I did find that I've got a few of them squatting.
clap.gif

im 33 weeks no eggs huge red combs but no squatting or hanging round the chicken house absoletly nothin
sad.png

You all are making me feel a little better - we have 3 EE's and 1 Welsummer who aren't laying yet at 25 weeks. The older girls are plugging along but these 4 are in no hurry. At least I know it's not unusual and no one is eating their eggs. We've been down THAT road before. :p

Back
Top Bottom