Egg white on hard boiled egg turned brown???

We just had the VERY same thing happened to a bunch of pressured cooked eggs.. Tan. We left our eggs in the pressured cooker past the time.
Hi I just wanted to say that I'm 65 years old I've boiled eggs on the stove for hours and hours and they've always been White, I think it might be something they're treating the eggs with maybe pasteurizing has been turned up a notch , or the bleach that they use maybe they're using something a little different or something with it , it probably won't kill you but I don't want to eat a tan egg.

We eat farm fresh eggs 5 days a week. I had this happen yesterday. I don't think it was the water or overcooking. I boiled 14 eggs and only ONE of them did this. I brought water to a boil and then covered and took off the heat for 9 or 9 1/2 minutes. Maybe the blood spot was much larger than normal (notice next to the yolk) and spread into the white???

I would have to concur with this reply - I recently pressure cooked a dozen eggs and couldn't get to them right away following the cook time so they continued to cook at the warm setting as the pressure naturally fell. The whites of every egg had turned a light tan color. They tasted just fine, even though they certainly were over cooked, but we've eaten them without any ill affect.
This is the same thing that happened to me same reason too. The smelled and tasted fine they were fresh. I figured it was because I forgot them in the pressure cooker. They went in potatoe salad.

Back
Top Bottom