Egg withdrawal period for mite treatment

frow.gif
@Ol Grey Mare , where you been hiding?
hugs.gif

-Kathy

This insecticide slash repellent is extremely safe to use on warm blooded animals, but use it, store it, and dispose of it in an approved manner because it is deadly to invertebrates and cold blooded animals like fish.
Not safe for all warm blooded animals me thinks... Probably a good idea to keep it away from cats?

-Kathy

You are correct in reading the label for the Elector - but you miss the directions that say to dilute it ... So - actually - the Monterey Spray could stand to be diluted as well !!

• Dilute 3 fl. oz. of product in 10 gallons of water. Spinosad concentration in the dilution: ~1035 ppm** = mg/L, equivalent to 0.1% Active Ingredient.
This one looks like its 0.5%

This is closer to 44.2%

-Kathy

You are correct in reading the label for the Elector - but you miss the directions that say to dilute it ... So - actually - the Monterey Spray could stand to be diluted as well !!

• Dilute 3 fl. oz. of product in 10 gallons of water. Spinosad concentration in the dilution: ~1035 ppm** = mg/L, equivalent to 0.1% Active Ingredient.
Elector (44.2% spinosad) is 3 ounces per 10 gallons, or ~8.9 ml per gallon.

If you're going to use the 0.5% concentrate it's 757 ml concentrate to 3028 ml of water.

Last edited:
@wytecap ,
connie_4.gif

I had to go re-read the thread, and this post is where I posted indo that has the mixing instructions for Elector: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...iod-for-mite-treatment.1125649/#post-17494457

Let me thank you for taking the time to do the math and coming up with this:
Dilute 3 fl. oz. of product in 10 gallons of water. Spinosad concentration in the dilution: ~1035 ppm** = mg/L, equivalent to 0.1% Active Ingredient.

Not many people can do that. Thanks a bunch!

Again, welcome to BYC!

Elector (44.2% spinosad) is 3 ounces per 10 gallons, or ~8.9 ml per gallon.

If you're going to use the 0.5% concentrate it's 757 ml concentrate to 3028 ml of water.
I don't understand your math. The amount (1% concentration) is Directly from the Elector label according to their mixing directions.

Back
Top Bottom