Egg zipping but no progress

Wfhill

Chirping
Sep 15, 2018
2 of 4 eggs have hatched in incubator but 1 pipped last evening and has started the zip but absolutely no progress today, all day. I see the feathers of the chick but I do not see a beak or anything. Should I be concerned? I'm not a complete newbie, but still learning. Should we interfere yet?

I guess that's a beak?

Attachments

• 20220727_191056.jpg
    20220727_191056.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220727_191104.jpg
    20220727_191104.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 4
you could peal back a bit of shell, if it bleeds stop and put it back. i have 6 eggs in incubator up until today, 4 hatched and 2 are taking their time. I looked into the pip, and one I pealed back the inner membrane so it would not stick to his face. The other had pipped and bleed on it's own. It stopped pipping because it didn't want to bleed. I didn't mess with it.
Have flour on hand to dab and stop blood.

So, I should interfere? Is that the beak sticking out? It wasn't there earlier

Also, can I take the other 2 chicks out? I've read that opening and closing the incubator lid is a no-no during hatching. Doesn't it totally mess up the temperature and humidity?

It takes awhile for chicks to hatch ... hard work, it could be taking a break. Doesn't look like a beak to me, however pictures are hard to make out. It sometimes take 12 - 24hrs for a complete hatch. Patience ...

You can leave the other 2 if they not disturbing the other eggs, removing then when they're dry & hopefully you got the brooder ready for them. Opening the incubator does affect the remaining but not if you're in/out.

Back
Top Bottom