Eggbound hen not recovering?

When did you last de-worm her? Worms can lead to diarrhea and malnourishment resulting in feathering issues and even egg-binding.
They’ve all been dewormed last month. I’ve checked her poop, no worms. Also none of the other chickens have these symptoms, so I feel like one chicken wouldn’t get this bad without the others also having worms.

If you can please post some photos of your hen, the prolapse, her poop that would be good.
You mention that she's laying eggs - are they normal hard shelled eggs?

Does she have prolapsed tissue all the time? You are soaking her daily and applying vetericyn - so is there exposed tissue? For the last month?

Hopefully with more information and photos we can give you some suggestions.

You mention a rooster and he's plucking out her feathers - are the other hens plucking at her feathers too? If you are trying to get rid of him and have no takers, then dispatch him. If you won't do that then house him separately and see if things improve.
They are normal, hard-shelled eggs with zero discoloration or misshapenness. The yolk and white looks healthy and great too. The rooster is gone, and all her feathers are coming back very nicely.

No, she is not prolapsed all the time. She usually just has an inflamed/swollen vent, but if she’s been trying to lay all day it might have a small prolapse. Her vent has been less hot & swollen lately and she had a beautiful normal egg this morning. But still sometimes diarrhea & often liquid poops. Though since I cut the feathers it seems easier for her to poop without it getting all over her butt feathers.

I have a picture of the poop, and of her, but will take some more recent vent pictures. Feathers seem to be purely from the overactive roo. She has not prolapsed in about three weeks. (Chest feathers are from a second molt unrelated to the problem area, they’ve been growing back normally)

Attachments

• 34017B7F-0FB3-4D52-BA6A-25696951A841.jpeg
    34017B7F-0FB3-4D52-BA6A-25696951A841.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • C572A365-15C2-4572-AA6F-48D386442AE6.jpeg
    C572A365-15C2-4572-AA6F-48D386442AE6.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 2
She’s all wet cause she just finished soaking, and after I took that picture she pooped which is the picture. She’s also getting 2 crushed tums every other day.

I would stop the Tums - extra calcium like that shouldn't be given for more than 3-4 days.
Provide her with oyster shell free choice along with a nutritionally balanced poultry feed.

What de-wormer did you use?

I'm having a hard to figuring out what's going on here - so she's laying eggs regularly and there is no prolapse...

They have free choice oyster shell already.

No, she’s laying eggs very irregularly. This is her first egg in about two weeks. Her poop continues to be very watery

Back
Top Bottom