Eggs are starting to rock on Day 23?!

kthankzbai

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 6, 2011
I have 11 Saxony eggs that are due for lockdown on Monday...

I already have 3 out of the 11 that are rocking their eggs! Am I suppose to go on lockdown today??? Or is the rocking normal and do I let my humidity and temp be at the normal setting?

I'm freakinggggg out cause this is my first time and I haven't read what to do on BYC about this..!

Thank you!

Rocking is normal at this stage. Have you candle them to see if they have internally pipped?? If they have- you will see the beak moving in the aircell if they have pipped. If most of the eggs have - you should consider going into lockdown earlier.

I see! Thank you for your reply.

I'll check for any internal pips... if there aren't any internal pips, I shouldn't go into lockdown? The rocking is normal and norm temp and humidity is ok?

Last edited:
So I candled one of them..

And I'm not sure what to look for? The air sac seems to be larger than usual. When I candled before, the air sac has like a straight line that borders the air.. but now it looks as if it's .. watery? There's no definite line of the air sac anymore.

There's one part of the air sac where it looks like it's bubbling? Part of the air sac bobs up and down but I don't see any shadow of a beak yet.

It's as if there's a thin layer of membrane and the duckling is trying to poke a hole through it and moving that thin membrane below the air sac... so that thin membrane is peaked and moving up and down...

Is it trying to make an internal pip? Should I go into lockdown??? so confused!!
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom