Eggs cold for 24 hours....viable embryos...UPDATE 6/8 hatched.

disregard last post, i took it in the bathroom and took the egg out and laid it on its side he is peeping like crazy.. Bottom line: power outage didnt kill them. im really nervous now about the cartons though.

Power outage baby serama... the one on its side pipped low in carton so i took bator in bathroom (steamy) and moved him.. he has been quiet for hours so not sure he will make it.. there is movement inside the pip...i doubt i will do the cartons again.. too hard to see the pips

84468_baby_serama.jpg

I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE the cartons! But thats my personal opinion. I've always had better hatch rates doing it that way and its not nearly as messy
wink.png
I'm so happy you got little chickies!!! I have to candle mine in a day or two and see if I got any live ones. I'm hoping out of about 40 eggs I at least have a couple
fl.gif

I hope lots more hatch for you
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Thanks so much, and i wish you luck with yours too.. i have 2 more pips now and the green egg is making progress.....
clap.gif
.....maybe tomorrow i will change my mind on the cartons.... will let you know..

I've hatched once and it was in egg cartons. I liked it because they all pipped at the round end of the egg, so I could see a pip no matter where on the egg it broke through at. I can't decide if I want this second bunch to hatch in the cartons or on their side. I've got a week and a half to make my mind up though.
wink.png

Georgia531....SO glad that you have some chicks....hope you have more by now.
wee.gif

Browneyebuttafly....our fingers are still crossed, aren't they?

Mine should be at day 21 in about 6 more hours, but I'm assuming to add another day to account for the loss of power for a day. I haven't seen any movement from mine as yet, but I will be every happy if anything comes out.

Thanks , this really helped me........
Put shipped eggs belonging to someone else under a very broody hen.also had moved her.
She refused to sit in the new location and had left the eggs over night..........
not to cold here now..
moved the eggs to her original nest and she is a happy girl..
just put plastic wire around her to keep the other hens from adding eggs...........
Good Luck everyone......

still just have the one chick.. since its only day 20, i am concerned about how long to leave the baby in the incubator......the green egg is still alive but same as last night, not much progress.. the pips are still just pips but there are several more... think i better fire up the shower here in a few hours, i am going to have to take this baby out of there. what to do.. what to do... thanks for all the support
love.gif

Ok now i have 5 live chicks.. 2 more pips that i can see.. and 2 are seabrights !!
ya.gif
... the night the power went out, it was day 12 or 13... it was 11 at night, and i wrapped the bator in 1 blanket, afraid that the power would come back on during the night, and they would be too hot... when i woke at 6 it was at 85 degrees, could have been that way for hours.. took the whole incubator and drove it 3 miles away to stepsons house and plugged back in... brought it back home at noon.. i really thought this hatch was doomed.. it wasnt until i found this thread that i had any hope at all.. so thank you everybody for the encouragement... i am also starting to like the cartons better, but not sure if i will do it again.. good luck to all the other power outage chickies... im only on day 20 and have alot of eggs left... ps the shower thing works good.

Back
Top Bottom