Eggs Develop Too Fast

Racing Stripes Coop

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2019
Hi I'm new here, and I have I'm having an issue. I have chicken eggs that have been in the incubator for nine days now, yet they appear to be somewhere around 17-19 days of incubation. They are almost completely black on the inside and only some thicker veins are visible, and those veins that do appear also appear to be black. The only other thing visible inside the egg -besides the few veins that are visible- is the air sac. What should I do? I don't know when to stop turning them due to the fact that the seem way more developed than the usual. I also know that they are developing fast because they also show shadows in odd shapes. A few eggs did not only appear black, but they also had weird bumps and dents in the form of the black part which I believe is the shadow of the chick. Any ideas on when I should stop turning the eggs, or how to know if they have an issue or not? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks. :):confused::(

Welcome to BYC.

I agree with @fire370.

Am not seeing a post from them?

I believe my Jack Russell deleted it. Had my phone in my lap when she decided to come up and step all over it. And now I don’t see it. LOL. Crazy dog.

Don’t remember exactly what it said but more or less, quit candling, keep turning and lockdown on day 18.

I will have some candling photos by tomorrow for sure. I bought 10 of they eggs and the others are from my own hens. None of my hens are broody and all the eggs that are from my hens where taken out on the same day of being laid. They were all put in the incubator at the same time as well. The eggs I bought took about three days to arrive and then they sat for about 10 hours because they arrived cold, yet they stilled ended up developing well. Any other ideas on why they look so overdeveloped?

Am not seeing a post from them?

He types with disappearing ink. :eek:

I believe my Jack Russell deleted it. Had my phone in my lap when she decided to come up and step all over it. And now I don’t see it. LOL. Crazy dog.

Don’t remember exactly what it said but more or less, quit candling, keep turning and lockdown on day 18.

That's what he said, and I still agree.

I will have some candling photos by tomorrow for sure. I bought 10 of they eggs and the others are from my own hens. None of my hens are broody and all the eggs that are from my hens where taken out on the same day of being laid. They were all put in the incubator at the same time as well. The eggs I bought took about three days to arrive and then they sat for about 10 hours because they arrived cold, yet they stilled ended up developing well. Any other ideas on why they look so overdeveloped?
did you see movement ? Maybe they are bad.

Back
Top Bottom