*Eggs Dont Have Cholesterol until they hit hte fridge??*

There is, however, an advantage to not refrigerating eggs. One, it introduces possible bacterial contaminants into your fridge, bacteria that is no IN the egg, but ON the egg. The reason we refrigerate grocery store eggs is because they are washed during processing, removing the protective bloom on the shell that prevents that bacteria from entering the egg. Without that protective coating, the eggs could spoil much sooner. We don't put our eggs in the fridge, but we don't wash them either.

Eggs don't need to be cooled, so if you're selling to someone who wants them room temp, then by all means leave them out.

Folks in the "old days" weren't fat cause they didn't eat all the grains we eat now a days, and they didn't fall for the "eat several small meals" line that messes our metabolisms up. Lots of things contribute to our obesity. Cooled eggs ain't one.

Refrigerated or not, the gametes (sex cells) of animals of both genders contains cholesterol, even humans. And people are fat now because we eat more than we burn. We eat more calories in one day than we used to, and are more sedentary than we used to be. It's that simple.

there are peoplethat get on a roll to find any reason to discredit or devalue someone or something, you defend one thing they'll just come up with another, usually even more outrageous. You said she also said your eggs are unsanitary. I'd suggest you do not give or sell her ANY eggs, or next thing she'll be claiming they made her deathly sick and its all you and your eggs' fault!.

She said there is an enzyme that activates when you refrigerate them. She said thats why people in the early days werent fat because they didnt refrigerate their eggs....

People weren't fat because they did physical labor, and they didn't eat fast food.

Geez I was at my doctors for a physical as usual got the old speech of "you need to lose weight". We got on the subject of diet and I mentioned that I had chickens but really don't eat a lot of eggs but mostly used in other things. That's when he went on to say that eggs are not bad for you and they are demonized by certain health professionals. He said they re actually quite good for you, there is good cholesterol in them as well as low calorie high protein food with lutien. But like anything else moderation is key.

Is it true that eggs dont have cholestrol until after they have been refriegerated?? Someone told me this and she doesnt want her eggs refrigerated because of this?

I have never heard of this....

Can you do me a favor and ask her if beer doesn't have alcohol in it until I put it in the fridge.
lau.gif

Last edited:
My DH's cholesterol's levels, especially the bad ones, have dropped since we started eating our own eggs. And he's eating at least 2 per day. His doctor is just amazed!!

My DH's cholesterol's levels, especially the bad ones, have dropped since we started eating our own eggs. And he's eating at least 2 per day. His doctor is just amazed!!

Isn't that because its been proven that fresh eggs are better than store bought? Our chickens live happier, healthier lives than battery hens since they get to see sunshine, scratch around in grass, and generally be chickens.

Back
Top Bottom