Eggs for sale

Do you sell eggs if so what do you sell a dozen for.

price of eggs vary highly from place to place. Then egg quality and such. look at your local stores take a look at average prices of the regular white eggs. look at how much the brown ones cost then look for the premium cage free organic prices.
we sell for 3$ a dozen and give a 50 cent discount if my customers bring a carton for me. but we will be moving our prices up to 4.00 a dozen 3.50 with carton discount. we tell our customers the living conditions of our chickens and the kind of feed we use and ect. so they know what they are getting. and they love the eggs.

imo the price tag should be between the "brown eggs" and the " organic cage free" at your local markets

We sell a dozen for $8--both chicken and duck eggs. We only sell to friends and business clients and could easily charge the general public $10-12. In addition to organic grains, our poultry are fed a wide variety of organic produce and leftovers from our organic kitchen and the eggs show it when cracked open--dark yolks and supple whites.

Hey, Starwise--you could make a killing at Seattle farmers markets if you ever have enough!

Where I live, nobody will pay more than $3.00 a dozen. Even if they are dark eggs from Black Copper Marans.
We sell a dozen for $8--both chicken and duck eggs. We only sell to friends and business clients and could easily charge the general public $10-12. In addition to organic grains, our poultry are fed a wide variety of organic produce and leftovers from our organic kitchen and the eggs show it when cracked open--dark yolks and supple whites.

Hey, Starwise--you could make a killing at Seattle farmers markets if you ever have enough!
Ok, now that is astonishing!:eek:

Certified Organic Marans eggs were going for $9.25 at the health food store in Eugene, Oregon. Farmers Market prices are around $5/dozen.

I'm an hour outside of town, so I sell mine for $3, just like *almost* everyone else in town. We have one lady who sells Marans eggs for $5/dozen, and she gets mad that we're all underbidding her. I'm just selling at the unofficial "set" price in town.

At this time of year, with all the hens molting, and everyone wanting eggs for baking, I have a waiting list.

Nice thing about our town, if I ever have too many eggs, I can take my extras to the liquor store (which also rents dvds, sells chicken feed, rents u-hauls, and has Costco items!). They have a special fridge for fresh eggs -- they pay me right then, and usually sell out the very day I drop them off! Customers even return the cartons.

Back
Top Bottom