Eggs for sale

I've been selling them for $4/doz Lg, $2/doz bantam and $3/doz mixed (6 lg & 6 bantam). Mine have mostly been sold at my church so I don't want to have the price too high. I think my neighbor does $5 and I don't know if he does anything different for bantams because he's only started with those this last summer.

I started at $3.00dz $4.50 for 18pk. So then it would be $2.50dz and $4 for 18pk if you bring back a carton. Then family and friends started saving egg cartons and I've got about 50-100 of them now. I just started doing dozen only and selling for $2.50

I got 2 dudes at work that buy 2dz at a time. And then a repeat customer that stops by my house every now and then and will take all that I have. Usually 6dz. I don't make much per month but will get enough to buy at least 1 bag of food from egg sales.

Was at grocery and to my surprise there is a new item. Blue and brown “Heritage eggs”. All the way from Arkansas. Hmmm... will be interesting to see how well they sell. $7.99/dz They are attractive in the carton (No, I did not tear open that middle carton!)
26171579-6FE8-4656-AEB5-BE1F14702AAE.jpeg

It's very hard around here seeing as how Walmart has ruined it all here. Walmart sells them as low as 24cent a dozen. Us farmers/growers can not compete. Walmart being built here recently has ruined alot.
Where are you located? 24 cents/dz is low. For holiday baking the local gocery does offer cheap eggs...bought 18 eggs for $0.88 yesterday. But, I rarely shop at Walmart for groceries, and essentially never in their fridge section so can’t say what their eggs cost.

Where are you located? 24 cents/dz is low. For holiday baking the local gocery does offer cheap eggs...bought 18 eggs for $0.88 yesterday. But, I rarely shop at Walmart for groceries, and essentially never in their fridge section so can’t say what their eggs cost.

In my area regular (white) eggs (at Walmart and Kroger) have been selling for 69 cents for a long time. I think they're up to 89 cents a dozen now. I haven't bought eggs since my girls started laying.

In my area regular (white) eggs (at Walmart and Kroger) have been selling for 69 cents for a long time. I think they're up to 89 cents a dozen now. I haven't bought eggs since my girls started laying.

Our Kroger fluxuates on regular white eggs prices (large size) throughout the year. They also sell a dozen jumbo white for very cheap, but there are only so many packages of those! We primarily buy eggs for baking around events (birthdays, holidays) since sometimes all you need are the whites, but a lot of them, or the chickens are not laying well.

Back
Top Bottom