Eggs for Shipping Monday 7/7 - Showgirls & Bantam Blue Favs SOLD

Hi, I just checked the shipping on all the packages that went out Monday and the one that went to Nebraska was the only one delivered today. The other 2 are headed to California and those might take a while longer, no delivery confirmation on those yet. They are coming from New Jersey.

By the way Priority is supposed to be 2-3 days, and I just received eggs of my own that I bought that were shipped from florida and it took over 5 days. So they are not always on time, and I thought them being on the east coast the same as me I'd get them quick.
hmm.png

Thanks.

I should have paid more attention to how far they were going to have to come.
In this heat, there probably isn't much hope for them after this long...

But such is the gambling life of a hatchaholic....

he.gif
lau.gif
he.gif
lau.gif

Susan

Well it hasn't been terribly hot here at all, and I know eggs are still hatchable up to 14 days. I've received shipped eggs that got lost and took up to 8 days to receive and still had a hatch. So there is lots of hope, I wouldn't have expected them to be there until at least Thursday or Friday even via Priority. The USPS seems to be averaging 4-5 days. I ship on a Monday to give them ample time to get them where they are going without getting stuck on a Sunday. And instead of having them pick up I take them directly to the main post office to give them a head start. I sure hope it helped.
Thanks! Michelle

Yep, that's what they have it scanned as. I'm starting to get a bit miffed at the post office lately. Could they have left them on a porch or something and they weren't noticed? I've had them do that alot and not knock or anything. Just set them on the railing sometimes and leave. I'm lucky sometimes and the wind doesn't blow them off the rail. And sometimes they set them in the grass where my steps USED to be before we redid our deck, rather than where the steps are now.
barnie.gif

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1501 3471 1294 4737 82

Your item was delivered at 1:43 PM on July 9, 2008 in OMAHA, NE 68122.

somad.gif
well, my bf stopped and got the mail on the way home (we're in a rural area and our mailbox is up on the main road) and there was my box clearly marked fragile all over it squished in between mailboxes, eggs dripping out the sides and flies all over it. :thun i opened the box and it was an egg masacre... there were 4 unbroken ones, but they are scrambled, i'll let them sit till tomorrow, but i think theres no hope... it was no fault of yours...d@mn PO

edited to add: i called the PO and filed a complaint. the lady then gave me a guilt trip saying she would tell the supervisor and he would talk to my mailcarrier, now i feel bad

Last edited:
OMG! No excuse for that! I don't mind replacing the eggs for you if you don't mind covering the shipping. Just let me know. Yours were showgirl eggs right? I put this week's on eggbid but if they don't sell I can ship out a replacement batch Monday. And if they do sell on auction I can save you the following week's shipment and ship them to you then. Just let me know if you'd like me to try again. I'm so very sorry they botched it so badly.
rant.gif

Last edited:
Oh I wouldn't feel bad about a complaint. They have a responsibility to do the job they were paid to do, and if something is clearly marked fragile they should still do a good job.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom