Eggs Hatched But Got Caught In Fan HELP! *Graphic Pics*

I'm going to agree there's a good chance for them. The picture where they are awake, they all look alert, which is a really good sign. I agree about the neosporin. You can also offer them hard boiled egg yolks, they are packed with all the good stuff.

Good luck! Keep us posted
smile.png

Oh my how awful! I really feel for you. And the baby peas. And don't beat yourself up over it (which is probably what I would do).
Worked as a vet tech for 10 years we saw similar degloving or avulsion injuries in animals.
Often there is no or little skin left to close.

We would clean with betadine, then dry completely, then use a skin glue for closure as best we could. Nexaband is a good one.

Triple antibiotic ointment we would use often and send home with pet for topical application. Neosporin as I saw posted is okay too.

Sometimes those type of wounds end up "wet" when healing. They can start seeping. Usually clear beading. Serous type fluid.
Then sometimes you need to resort to a dryer type of antiseptic topical other than a ointment.

In one pic it looks like one of them might have had their eye affected/damaged? But could be loose skin.

Diet is important now for speedy healing. Protein.

May your babies make a speedy recovery.

Keep us posted!

Last edited:
I am so sorry, that has to be devastating! I think they'll be ok. There is also a product that I got from the vet, Veterinus Derma Gel. I got it for a cat that had the skin ripped from a large area on the side of it's face. The cat was the town stray, but always came here when it got hurt
roll.png
Anyhow, the healing was amazing and it ended up with a very small scar. You have to really look to find it which amazed me because there was half of the skin gone from the side of it's head. I expected at least a large bare patch but there is none.

Best of luck with the babies!

man your having a rough hatching season.any thing that an go wrong has gone wrong.i think they will pull through we were having the same problem with the lg.out peachicks an turkeys were hitting there head on the heating coil.i am buying debbie a good hatcher for next season.good luck with the rest of the eggs.

I am so sorry for them and you. Bless their little hearts.
I use emu oil for big wounds for anything I have that gets woulded. There are alot of internet documentations about how well it heals because it penetrates to the bone. It is amazing stuff but it is expensive if you buy at the health food stores.
Watch for infection - you may need to get some penicillon (sp) from a farm/ranch store.
I hope the little guys heal well for you. Please update with more pics as they heal. It will help others that find themselves with extreme injuries.

Yes I will post pictures. They all seem to be doing great today. I just put Neosporin on each head. I have a total of 5 that hatched yesterday. Of the 2 that hatched in the hatcher one a something wrong with it's ankle. It chirps like bloody hell when I try to straighten it out. I will add pics to this tonight and someone can give me an idea on how to fix it.

Here are pics from tonight:

All are moving around except the one with the toe problem in the center
100_2160.jpg

Yes you can see the Neosporin on the walls.
100_2161.jpg

Here is the curved toes, Can I tape them? I try to straighten them out and the poor thing chirp like crazy
100_2163.jpg

Back
Top Bottom