Eggs in incubator... Help!!

Symboline

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 24, 2011
This is my very first time that I have put eggs in the incubator. I put the first few in on Oct. 19. Tonight I went out and made a candling box and took a few pictures of the eggs... Can you tell me if my eggs are ok or if you see anything wrong please let me know... These four eggs are from my Turkin's.
Thanks!!

110109_day_5_oct_24.jpg
[/img]
110109_day_5_oct_24_3.jpg
[/img]
110109_day_5_oct_24_2.jpg
[/img]
110109_day_5_oct_24_1.jpg
[/img]

hard to tell from photos, but #3 looks clear (infertile). the rest seem to be developing. does that dark blob in the eggs move around of its accord when you watch it? if so, you're watching a baby wiggle
smile.png

They look fine to me. I don't see much in the third pic but that may be the angle or a bad pic. I don't toss any eggs till day 14.

Quote:
I can't really see anything moving around. The blob is getting bigger though... Hope my babies are ok...

Quote:
No, there wasn't anything in egg # 3... I just added that picture really to keep track of what the eggs look like... Maybe I can learn a little from the pictures... Thanks for letting me know not to get rid of any eggs until the 14th day!! I have eggs from my big hen (Smyboline) that has nothing inside, so don't think they are fertile at all... Will keep them to make sure...
Trish

Quote:
Yea but, my eggs were 5 days old when I took the pictures or does my eggs being older matter? Sorry, but I am so new to this... I think you worry about your eggs just as much as you did your own babies... LOL!!
Trish

welcome-byc.gif
It is hard to tell from your pics. They look like they may be developing. I don't candle my eggs until 10 day. It is much easier to tell then.

This is an egg at 10 days. Click on the image.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom