Eggs in the fridge for 4+ weeks-they are ok right?

Quote:
Plunge them in ice water when you pull them out of the boiling water. Leave them there until they are completely cold. They will peel really easily.

Quote:
I found that if the egg is too new they won't peel properly..I usually end up with a mess. If I let them sit for about 3 weeks they seem to pop right out of the shell. A quick check for spoiled eggs, put them in a bowl of water, if they float their bad! I had about three dozen eggs that I didn't get to right away, I was able to determine only 10 eggs were good using this method.

Very good info; I love this website.
big_smile.png

Lots of salt in the boiling water - and then have a bowl of ice water waiting - drain the eggs and immediately put them in the ice water. The shells peel off beautifully.

Quote:
I don't know about the salt, but YESA ice water works great! As long as you plunge them into the ice water directly after they are cooked and let them cool.
I've done eggs that just came out of the hen the day before and this method works great.
There must be a hundred (I'm eggs-agerating -I crack myself up!) ways to cook a hard boiled egg. A fool proof method I use is directly from the food network!
Place eggs in a pot and add cold water to cover them. Bring to a boil, put a cover on and remove from heat. Let stand covered for 15 mins. Perfect every time! GOOD LUCK!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom