EGGS in The Mail!!!! HELP?????

bigstack

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
Texarkana, TX
I have eggs comming tomorrow. I know what to do for chicks. What do I do with the eggs? I have the bator ready. But when do I put the eggs in? do I put them in asap or do I need to give them time to adjust to the room temp and settle down???? Bator is in extra bed room with vent coverd to prevent drafts and temp fluctuations. Just not sure when to add to bator. Please Help!!!!!! Thak you,

Take out the eggs, check them all (maybe candle for cracks?), and let them sit overnight with teh fat end up. Then pop them into the bator in the morning (assuming you've had stable temps for a while)

Quote:
the same plus if they are real cold a 24 hr wait to let them settle down, is OK, with the mailed eggs i get if they are very cold and they are wrapped up well I let them warm up slowly still wrapped, so they don't get sweat on them from warming up

(grammer)

Last edited:
Good call, Buck. I hadn't thought about sweating. WOuld you leave the carton open to allow the condensation to evaporate?

Thanx, I just don't wanna screw up my first hatch. I hope this helps others aswell. I am so glad I found this site!!!!
Thank You all!

Quote:
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom