eggs incubation without egg turning ???

yuaan

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 22, 2013
Hello,

This is my very first post on here. I recently ordered an "mini incubator egg 7" from e-bay . it said that I do not have to turn the eggs and the price was good so I have ordered it but then have realised that the incubator has tray for 7 eggs. The instruction says that the pointy part of the egg should be down and I do not have to rotate the eggs , but then I have read on Google that the eggs have to be rotated at least 3 times a day and there is no way to rotate the eggs in tray as they stand in tray and there is not enough room to lay them down. I have messaged the seller and that is what she has written.

" The unit automatically stays at the desired temperature once set. The incubator has a fan and heating element incorporated into it so the heat is spread evenly ideal for incubation. It is also Energy efficient consuming only around 20w of power whilst in use. As the eggs rest upside down in this incubator the air bubble inside the egg faces upwards which means there is no need to turn the eggs."
She also had said that she had 2 successful batch with using the same model .
Can some one please explain whether it is really possible for the eggs to hatch as the eggs are standing and therefore no need to rotate the eggs

The need to turn eggs is not because of the air cell, but in order to keep the embryo from sticking to the shell as it develops, and to help the developing embryo receive more nutrition. You do need to keep the air cell higher up, but that is to make sure the chick positions properly for hatching. It is possible to hatch a chick with no turning but I would not advise it. You will probably see a severe impact on the hatch rate that way. What you can do is prop something under one side of the incubator so that the eggs are at a slant and a few times a day switch the raised side. That should do the trick.

Last edited:
you defently have to turn them otherwise the embryo will stick to the side and you want have any luck

I certainly would not have bought that one. (Sorry) Chickens turn their eggs all day long. It is an important part of incubating. Any product that would advertise it is not important well....

You may get lucky and hatch a few here and there with 0 turning, but you will lose A LOT of chicks if they aren't turned at least a few times a day. Like I said, you can work around it by propping something under one side of it so the whole thing is at a tilt, and alternating which side you prop up throughout the day.

I would say u can still use it you just have to turn them yourself .put a x on one side and turn twice a day this will work but put the x with pencil only

Can I rotate the pointed part of the egg upward and the air sac to the bottom. If I rotate the air sac toward to bottom will it not harm the sac?

welcome-byc.gif

No, don't turn the eggs upside down. That will do more harm than good. Rather do as the above poster suggested and tilt the entire incubator 3x a day, or place the eggs at a 45* angle and tilt them over 90* to the opposite side, resting them again at a 45* angle, minimum 3x per day.

I was thinking if it is possible to have spong in the incubator so when I tilt the whole incubator the water does not splash as this incubator have a small cup to have water it

Yes, you can do that. I use a damp cloth in mine to stop the water going everywhere when I lockdown. Just make sure the sponge is clean.

Back
Top Bottom