Eggs moving, should I lockdown early? (Duck)

I’ve decided to do my normal turning today and lockdown tonight versus locking down tomorrow night. I’ve seen a lot of rocking and am expecting most to hatch on Sunday (day 27). That’s what my last batch did and I’ve tried to mimic conditions since they did so well. Only difference is there is almost double the amount of eggs in the incubator.
If it's Sunday's, then it's probably too early to lockdown... What's the temp of the incubator? You can stop turning if you feel but keep an eye on the temp and humidity

Last edited:
Just noticed a couple eggs wiggling on day 23. Was planning on locking down tomorrow night but not sure if I should do it now instead. Last group I hatched came out on day 27 with one pipping the wrong side early on day 25. Eggs have been hand turned and systematically moved throughout the incubator twice daily to give everyone a chance to be in hot/cool spots. Any thoughts?
They could be getting into position. You can stop turning them now
You can wait a day to you humidity unless you see internal pip then so it then
You can keep checking them until you see that external pip it will not hurt them as they aren’t open
Some come a few days early
I had a batch at a school class and I went to help the teacher day 25 to move the Turner out look for dropped air cells and get babies on the correct sides
To our surprise one was external pipped
Was not expecting that at all
Do we moved quickly and all went fine
Baby hatched late the next night

Hi I have duck eggs in the incubator it’s day 22 and they have been moving for a day now when do I put them into lockdown, yesterday they were wiggling a little bit but today they have really been moving
Any advice really helps !

Hi I have duck eggs in the incubator it’s day 22 and they have been moving for a day now when do I put them into lockdown, yesterday they were wiggling a little bit but today they have really been moving
Any advice really helps !
There is 3 signs to lockdown
1- egg wiggling is baby moving into position
2- air cell dips forward up on side really fast
3- baby will be pushing on membrane at the lower end

Back
Top Bottom