Eggs on the way!

kburen

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
It's been over 2 years since my first (and only) attempt at hatching eggs. This was with my Kindergarten class with an incubator and eggs gotten from the local 4H group. My fiance has agreed to let us get some chickens! Of course, I want to hatch them myself, as that's over half the fun.
smile.png
I got an incubator and automatic turner last weekend and got some eggs on ebay last night. 12 Araucana-Ameraucana eggs. I've read up again on hatching and hope to end up with some chicks this time (I didn't have any hatch from my first try)! Any advice that anyone can offer before I get my eggs is greatly appreciated! I plan to set up the bator and make sure it's stable over the next few days and will let the eggs rest before putting them in.

My 1st and only hatch was by my broody hen. I'm about to make a foray into the world of incubators because it was so much fun. I only have 1 who goes broody and she's got babies now. I'm perusing the egg purchasing opportunities and in about a week Ill be ready to go. Good luck with your eggs!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom