Eggs-periment 🌝

ArthurFleck

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
So I'm trying an experiment and trying to find out new ways to incubate and possibly an hatch an egg. I've got a class container with damp paper towels, a thermometer. I'm heating it right now with a heat lamp and Im covering it with thin fabric and mesh to allow oxygen but to prevent humidity from passing through. ( or at least block most of it) if it ends up showing any movement or ends up hatching I'll update you guys.

And yes I'm aware the container is small but if it ends up even hatching I will move it as quickly as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_211558.jpg
    IMG_20210219_211558.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210219_211601.jpg
    IMG_20210219_211601.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 6
So I'm trying an experiment and trying to find out new ways to incubate and possibly an hatch an egg. I've got a class container with damp paper towels, a thermometer. I'm heating it right now with a heat lamp and Im covering it with thin fabric and mesh to allow oxygen but to prevent humidity from passing through. ( or at least block most of it) if it ends up showing any movement or ends up hatching I'll update you guys.

And yes I'm aware the container is small but if it ends up even hatching I will move it as quickly as possible.
I'm curious to see how this turns out! It might be worth putting two or three eggs in.

Good luck on your experiment! Do you have a plan if the chick hatches? It's going to very lonely by itself.
I could put it in with my hens??? But someone else said I should try putting more than one egg in because they wanted to see how it turns out so I might try that... But because the jar is so small I'd need to use a separate one

I could put it in with my hens??? But someone else said I should try putting more than one egg in because they wanted to see how it turns out so I might try that... But because the jar is so small I'd need to use a separate one
You need other chicks for companionship. Hens will try to hurt the young chicks. If you can't hatch anymore, do you have a feed store you could pick up another chick at? Or setting more eggs would be great too.

Back
Top Bottom