Eggs Piping advice please

suzee2

Hatching
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
OK this is the first time ive used an incubator- on day 20 one egg had a crack with a hole and you could see the beak - the other eggs were making noises. this morning the egg with the whole was exactly the same with no movement or noise the hole hadnt changed and I later found out the chick was dead. One of the other eggs had hatched. I went to work and another egg has hatched. Ive got one egg where the chick has started to zip around and is making progress and one egg which looks the same as the one that died its a hole with a beak squeeking but in 3 hours its made no progress - is this normal ? and how long do I wait before internvening ?

Wait at least 24 hours from the pip to even think about intervening. Sometimes they pip and zip pretty quickly - other times they need more rest time between that first pip and the zip.

38? Is that a typo?? Celsius? It needs to remain as close to 99.5 F as possible and idealy humidity should be closer to 60-70% I like mine closer to 65%

Jump in here folks.... I've only hatched one batch so far

Last edited:
yes 38 about 99.5 - the other egg has hatched now but the egg with the hole is still the same his not turning just in the same place

Ok - Panic over its started to zip round the egg and is neary 1/2 way round
big_smile.png

Chick has hatched I have four gorgeous little chamois frizzle polish bantams
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom