Eggs taste funny/bad??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by love2sail, Sep 12, 2007.

1. love2sail

love2sail Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2007
    Corrales, NM
    Hello,

I had three eggs for breakfast this morning and one of them tasted really bad, it tasted like the chicken coop smells... like poop! Is this a sign that it's time to clean the coop?

Also, my chickens must be democrats, they keep saying the same thing over and over again... BARAAAAACK!! LOL

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Hmm.. maybe there was a crack in the shell and it got infected... or spoiled.

3. ChickenOrTheEgg

ChickenOrTheEgg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2007
    Elsberry, Missouri
    Well I think chickens are all politicians in general. They cackle all day long, stand around doing nothing, give you a bunch of crap, and when you ask them to do some work they lay an egg!

Hey, that egg was bad. I hope you don't get a tummy ache from it. You really should keep your coop clean regardless. It really helps keep down the chances of disease and stress.

Good Luck and God Bless,

4. love2sail

love2sail Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2007
    Corrales, NM
    Quote:Good one!! Very funny!!

5. beha

beha New Egg

Oct 29, 2012
    That BAD egg taste just happened to me. It was an organic egg at that. It really tasted like crap!!! That has never happened before. I spit it out. I felt sick all day. Ya what the heck is that??????

6. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

What had your chickens been eating? Anything out of the ordinary? Otherwise I would agreed that the egg itself was bad.

7. J and M s eggs

J and M s eggs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2013
    Broken arrow, Oklahoma
    I also just had this very same thing to one of my eggs it wasn't more than 5 days old . What the heck?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by