Eggs?!

mommiesrcool

Free Ranging
Jul 6, 2020
Dn
Hi, so my two 19 weeks old RIR pullets comb and wattles have been getting bigger and a lot redder, and today when I went out there to go feed them when I put my hand over their back they both squatted and spread their wings out and that's the same thing that my old chicken did before she laid me eggs. They did seem a little scared when I put my hand over them but It could've been because they don't like people but I had food in my hand so I was able to see if they would squat I don't have any photos of them but I will post some later today, and I will also check their pelvic bone later as well.
My question is how much longer do you think till I get eggs and if these signs are valid

Both my hens started laying within a week of their first squatting. That probably can't be relied on, but start making a habit of checking for eggs. :)
I check their boxes every day the only egg in the box is the fake ceramic one that I bought, but I have noticed that they have been moving the nesting pads around.

Here's an Update!!! :

No eggs yet but both of the pullets squatting has gotten even better whenever I come up to them they squat all the way to the floor her wings stay spread out she puts her tail down, and she stays in that position until I go away.

A few weeks ago both of my pullets pelvic bones were only fitting 1 finger and now both of them are fitting 2 fingers so I think we are almost there!! They are 20 weeks old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom