Eggs?

sbolerjack

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Southwest Alabama
Just curious for future purposes...We do not plan on consuming/hatching eggs when my ducklings get old enough to lay. Do I always need to still collect the eggs? I guess I could just give them away. I'm new to ducks and read that ducks do not nest. Since the ducks will be free ranging during the day, do I go on a daily egg hunt, or do they tend to find certain spots and lay? Thanks so much!

we don't eat/hatch/sell the eggs. still make sure to collect everyday so they do not go bad and rot (most domestic ducks will never want to sit on eggs)

we scramble them up occasionally and feed them back to our girl, besides that we throw them away or feed to the cats

Just curious as to why you wouldn't want to eat them...

In any case, it all depends on the breed of duck as well as the individual. All my females sat last Spring. I see you have Muscovy, they are very broody. The other breeds are touch and go, some are some aren't.

Just curious as to why you wouldn't want to eat them...

In any case, it all depends on the breed of duck as well as the individual. All my females sat last Spring. I see you have Muscovy, they are very broody. The other breeds are touch and go, some are some aren't.
We just don't eat eggs that much. Yes, I have one Muscovy. Time will tell if it's a drake. Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom