Eggs

Quote:
NOW THAT I'D LIKE TO SEE

Total, not each, silly.

Still doesn't add up - 1 egg per day x 3 hens = 21 eggs per week unless I'm missing something.

Quote:
Total, not each, silly.

Still doesn't add up - 1 egg per day x 3 hens = 21 eggs per week unless I'm missing something.

With 2 of the 3 laying 2 eggs each per day. Yikes!!! Them birds are machines!.

We have 48 Marans eggs due to pop this sunday,,38 quail eggs put in April 4th,and another 52 quail eggs on April 11th,,will be putting in 12 Cinnamon golden eggs tomorrow along with 6 dark throated red,and 5 red goldens,,that is if the postman is quicker than walking from Chicago to my place 75 miles south and those cinnamon eggs gets here tomorrow.

I've got 6 red golden in the incubator and 4 in the pen with the hen. Should I let her hatch those 4 or put them in the incubator? Can you stagger the RG eggs like that?

I collect pheasant eggs for 7 days,then put them in the bator,,cuts down on staggered hatches somewhat,,and it's early,,take her eggs this time,and another time,then maybe let her sit on a clutch.Last year from start to finish,.my ornamentals laid for 6 weeks,,averaging about 5 eggs a week for each hen,,this spring tho they seem to be on strike because of the weather.We need 70 degree plus days,,continously anytime now I think,to get them in the mood,,there is a frost warning here tonight,,so I know they have to be confused some.

Quote:
NOW THAT I'D LIKE TO SEE

Total, not each, silly.

I MEANT TOTAL... I'D STILL LIKE TO SEE IT
sad.png

We have 40 ringnecks and 10 melanistics laying right now and we get 45-55 eggs per day average, but I have seen up to 66-68 eggs in one day but the next day will be in the high 30's low 40's.

Back
Top Bottom