Eglu omlet.us Value Added Tax

sane cat lady

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
today i was going through the process to buy an eglu go and when i went to check out i came across the unexpected cost of Value Added Tax essentialy instead of paying tax on items they need for the making of the omlet they pass that on as an additional charge to the consumer. well seeing this ****** me off enough to stop my transaction and write the company and i am posting here wondering have any of you noticed this? did it upset you? did it stop you from buying an Eglu? please give me your input i am going to call the company monday morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_added_tax

Most companies roll production costs into the price you see. This sounds like a tricky maneuver to make their items look less costly up front, and then hitting customers after they have decided to make a purchase with the added cost: a psychological trick of marketing. The customer is already feeling positive about the item, has invested time, is likely to accept this additional "tax" without blinking. Congratulations for catching it!

And this does give me a negative opinion about a company willing to resort to psychological manipulation to add to their sales numbers and profits. Yes, they all do it, but we have to draw a line where our ethics are offended...

The psychology of sales and marketing is huge business, from where an item is placed on the grocery store shelf, to the colors of the package and the font used upon it. When to show advertisements, how to etch a brand name into customer memory, testing commercials for customer reactions is all entwined in almost everything one might buy...

Awareness of the tactics is how to avoid manipulation. And teach kids what to look for...they need to know, too.

I should have written an update but i haven't had time, I contacted the Eglu costomer service and was told that the Value added Tax only applies to UK purchases and that in the UK it is a common and accepted tax it was apparently a mistake for it to be added to my total

Back
Top Bottom