Egyptian Geese

Egyptian Geese are actually duscks and not geese at all. Their babies are called ducklings (as they are not actually geese). They got their name from the honk-like quack the females make. The males make a quieter sound. They are territorial to other Egyptian geese and some other flying birds, and will drive them into the sky and fight them airborne (like bombers). A pair will mate for life and can make their nest anywhere but prefer above ground.

I have a pair that showed up at my place and have been living peacefully alongside my flock of 7 ducks for about 5 months now. They have shown zero agression towards my ducks and I have 2 males. They swim and eat alongside my ducks but will not come near if people are present. Today the lady laid an egg out in the open so I snagged it before the resident fox could. We are located south of San Antonio Texas.

Just pay attention to how they act. When they mate up and have a nest they will come after you too. I have had these for 35 years. Do you go to the Humboldt Poultry Fanciers show? I'm in Santa Rosa.

Walt
Hey Walt, do you by chance sell these? I’m also in Santa Rosa . Thank you for your advice also!

Back
Top Bottom