Elector PSP? Please help!

Cragg Klefor

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 14, 2017
County Kilkenny, Ireland
Hi all, can someone please confirm that this is the product you are using on the actual chickens?? I can not find an elector PSP that doesn't state "not to be applied directly on the animals"?? Please help?

Attachments

• 39086_L_vvs_000.jpg
    39086_L_vvs_000.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 80
I contacted the UK company Elanco Elector, the responded today saying Elector is no longer available in UK or Ireland plus the product they had been manufacturing was for premises only, so it's going to be from further afield anyway.
So yes I guess regulations are just different. It answers my question now anyway so at least that's sorted 🙄. Thanks everyone ☺️

I contacted the UK company Elanco Elector, the responded today saying Elector is no longer available in UK or Ireland plus the product they had been manufacturing was for premises only, so it's going to be from further afield anyway.
Did they say why?

So yes I guess regulations are just different. It answers my question now anyway so at least that's sorted 🙄. Thanks everyone ☺
Yeah, there are different reg is diff countries, up to you to decide whose to follow.

Assuming the pic @casportpony posted came from the bottle......
View attachment 2218058
Here's what my available bottle says

Elector PSP® Premise Spray is an insecticide for use in horse, beef and dairy cattle, swine, sheep and poultry premises. Not for use directly on animals. Controls hide beetles, darkling beetles, stable flies and house flies in and around agricultural premises. Supplied as an 8 oz bottle

Thank you @aart and @casportpony, I presume it states not to be applied directly just to cover the company then :confused: Permethrin has been my go to but the mites seem to have built up a tolerance. Thank you :bow
If you use one product the mites can build up a resistance to it. Most pest products suggest using a rotational program to prevent the pests from building up a resistance to one product. I use permethrin but only as needed. I don't try yo use it as a preventative. Even in the fact sheet for Elector PSP states it's a good idea rotating to keep the pests from building up a resistance. Repeated weekly spraying is sometimes necessary. I usually do weekly sprayings for 3/4 weeks then stop. I also put the poultry dust in the shavings in the nest boxes. I think it helps. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom