Elector PSP with tap water?

FoxySonia

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
Queens, NY
I recently discovered Lice on my 5 and 6 month pullets, and red mites on the 16 month old rooster, and because I have indoor and outdoor cats that hang out around my chickens I didn't want to use anything that can be toxic to cats, like permethrin, and I wanted to use the best drug or chemical for the job of eliminating the pests as quickly as possible, so I purchased the much more pricey Elector PSP. I'm about to use it for the first time, but want to know if it can be mixed with regular NYC tap water, and I can't find anywhere online if chlorinated water would cause the spinozad to become ineffective. Does anyone know the answer?

Last edited:
A quick glance at instructions, it doesn't say anything special about water - just mix with water.
If you are concerned about using your tap water, then buy some filtered/bottled water.

Ok, thanks to those that replied. I used a gallon of spring water I had, and when that wasn't enough to spray the 2 coops, roosting bars in the coops, the run and yard, plus the 40 chickens, I used tap water to make another half gallon of the solution, which I sprayed using a cheap $6, small (about 1/3 gallon) garden hand sprayer, which worked surprisingly well and saved me from getting a sore hand. It took me about an hour to spray all the chickens.

20211027_154238.jpg

Should I repeat treatment in 7 or 10 days?

Back
Top Bottom