Electric Guitar

No, no-one here plays guitar. This is a respectable family site. We only listen to flute music.

(just kidding, honest)

musiciansfriend.com zzounds.com both have really good prices on starter kits. Just be prepared. Once you are hooked the guitar gets more and more expensive and you HAVE to have it. HAHAHAH!

I've played for almost 30 years.

An electric is a good guitar to start on, simply because it's easier to play, so you won't get discouraged as quickly.

A Fender Stratocaster-style is a good one because it offers so many sonic possibilities.

Your first link to the eBay guitar is a piece of junk. The second one might not be a bad deal for an "all-in-one" starter setup.

Do you have a music store near you? Something like a Guitar Center (they might tend to rip you off tho - watch it). You could get some ideas by going there.

How much are you willing to spend? You can PM me if you want to talk more.

Last edited:
Just be prepared. Once you are hooked the guitar gets more and more expensive and you HAVE to have it. HAHAHAH!

Amen. At one point, my guitar collection was as high as 14 (I convinced myself I HAD to have all of them), and my equipment collection overall (amps, guitars, effects, etc.) was in the tens of thousands. It's addictive.

Hmmm, kinda like chickens, but even MORE expensive.

Both are totally worth it.​

Guitar Center = hard sales and high prices IMHO. We have local music stores that have better prices than GC and are competitive and keeps the $$$$ local....

In fact, I have to go pick up a cymbal and some strings at lunch :) It's a noisy house with two boys - one drums, one guitar. LOTS of amps......

debi's right. Guitar Center is one of my least favorite guitar stores. I meant a music store LIKE Guitar Center.

And keep in mind, there are a TON of online learning websites for guitar.

I have a Fender Squire Strat and a Fender Frontman 25 Amp and they both suit my needs of playing at home although my personal preference is playing my acoustic guitars.

I haven't priced them in awhile but I imagine you can get a Fender Squire Strat for about $200 and a decent starter amp under $100.

Hope that helps....

Try a local pawn shop- seriously! Failing that, look for a guitar show in your area. I bought DH's "Lucille" at one many years ago. It was educational, fun, and we got a fair deal on an awesome guitar.

HI!

I play electric (or acoustic, but I have a PUNY acoustic) guitar. I have a Fender Telecaster and it's great! My dad plays too and- this is a direct quote- "a Fender can survive anything but major flooding and major fire." Not sure if he was joking or not, but they're pretty tough. That sure is good because you tend to bang into doorframes with the neck walking around when you first start. Nice short neck for someone like me who's 12.
I also play electric bass (that does NOT have a short neck; the thing must weigh more than I do! But that's not saying much...).

Back
Top Bottom