Electrolytes

If you offer electrolytes in their water, be sure they have a source of plain water too.

THIS!!!!

I give electrolytes once a week in hot weather (hot by central NC standards), and have been using Sav-a-Chick packets (but am looking for a bulk container because I do, after all, own measuring spoons.

But I always offer it in a separate waterer with plain, fresh water in all their usual waterers.

THIS!!!!

I give electrolytes once a week in hot weather (hot by central NC standards), and have been using Sav-a-Chick packets (but am looking for a bulk container because I do, after all, own measuring spoons.

But I always offer it in a separate waterer with plain, fresh water in all their usual waterers.
I’ve seen Sav-a-Chick, but didn’t know it was for adult hens. Thx! Currently, it is in mid 90s here. I feel sorry for my hens!

I wanted to make sure they got the electrolytes when I gave them some, so I mixed it in their wet mash treat, and just made it extra runny. There is never any left when I give them that.

I just think that it would be handier, and more cost-effective, to have a tub to dip out of -- like lemonade mix or hot cocoa powder.
But it would be a bummer if a big old bucket of stuff became an unusable solid rock.

I wanted to make sure they got the electrolytes when I gave them some, so I mixed it in their wet mash treat, and just made it extra runny. There is never any left when I give them that.
Since their regular water is from HN's, they drink up the gravity waterer with EL no problem.....it's like a treat!

But it would be a bummer if a big old bucket of stuff became an unusable solid rock.

Since their regular water is from HN's, they drink up the gravity waterer with EL no problem.....it's like a treat!

I don't know why a plastic container with an airtight seal would do that.

Last summer with the smaller flock when I only made 1 quart at a time the open packet didn't harden after being open for a month.

This year I'm using the one-gallon gravity feeder and, like yours, mine think it's marvelous.

Back
Top Bottom