Eletric Fencing?

I am using the poultry netting from Premier. I bought 300' of it just over a year ago, and have since bought 300' more, giving them a 100X200' run area. This, IMO, was one of the best things I have done for those chickens. I have a ongoing fox problem here. I lost 16 birds to them in two daytime attacks. I could not let the chickens out without somebody being there with them. Now, they get out everyday, and I don't have to worry about them anymore. As far as chickens going over the fence. I had one out of my nineteen, the first day the fence was up, go over. I gave her a clipped wing, and I haven't had a problem since. I am using the 48" high PoultryPlus netting. The posts are closer together, 8' instead of 12', the posts are heavier, with two ground stakes. I am powering mine with 115VAC. There is a solar powered charger available if that's what you want. Check out Premier's website, give them a call.
Jack

sorry i have not got back sooner ,just started new job. thanks to all for info and help
smile.png

Dose anyone know if the bigger openings on the netting is ok? I'm not so worried about keeping the hens in as I am about keeping the critters out. The wider netting will keep a fox out just wondering if there are any potential problems for the hens.

Back
Top Bottom