Emaciated - help!

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
i need some brainstorming, over the last year or so i have lost birds to a 'wasting away', wormed, drops for mites, treated for cocci- not breed specific, latest was tiffany one of my silkies- any suggestions?? its just heartbreaking!

I'm not sure. Worms would have been my first guess. Another possiblity could be Marek's Disease. It can cause a wide array of symptoms, including wasting away.

i am totally frustrated - i am scouring the web to find answers, i have lost way too many
Describe symptoms. Any discharge from eyes/nostrils,diarrhea,sneezing/coughing,not eating/drinking. What are their ages? When you treated for cocci,what was the dose you used? Any issues with their crops,meaning full during day and empty over night. How was their poop?

ok, it is not a rapid moving illness, gradually getting thinner, some cases bright green poo, others dark green, no respiratory symptoms, eventually huddling and cold- corrid 1 t per gallon, when that didn't work, moved to baycox- most cases they eat fine until they are too weak to stand, i have done force feedings, doesn't seem to make a difference

ok, it is not a rapid moving illness, gradually getting thinner, some cases bright green poo, others dark green, no respiratory symptoms, eventually huddling and cold- corrid 1 t per gallon, when that didn't work, moved to baycox- most cases they eat fine until they are too weak to stand, i have done force feedings, doesn't seem to make a difference
Corid 9.6% liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water,Corid 20% powder is 1 tsp per gallon of water for 5-7 days,no vitamins can be given during treatment,and this has to be the only source of drinking water. Green poop is from not eating.

so i have been under dosing!
rant.gif

will go change that right away! these are adult birds

Back
Top Bottom