Using ivermectin and praziquantle together.

Cluckermother1

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2022
Flock started acting like they did 3 years ago when they had worms. Treated with SG Aquasol. Things seemed better, more eggs better moods. I noticed a pile of poop that was odd looking and checked it out. Tapeworms. After inspecting cameras I found it to be one of my 2 roosters favorite hen (who I'm suspecting has deplumbing mites at this point). Wormed them with proziquantle yesterday about a week after initial worming. I'm thinking 3-4 may have deplumbing mites so my question is, would it be bad to put some drops of ivermectin on them for the mites while I'm treating for tapes with praziquantle? Thanks for any help! Treat them all??

The two already come combined for horses here which warns it could be fatal to dogs. Here's another product for horses with both combined and warned it can be toxic for dogs and cats.

Unless someone with more knowledge about this gives you advice, in the meantime, I wouldn't.
I kinda figured, it is combined I think the one I used but I wasn't sure it would treat the mites from ingesting it rather the topical way. Thank you Debbie!

Back
Top Bottom