Emanciated Chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Heartfelt Homeschool, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Heartfelt Homeschool

Heartfelt Homeschool New Egg

Sep 12, 2007
    Hello I have a sick chick. She is light as a *feather* she is about 16 weeks.

I believe it is worms from the research I have done.

I gave it Wazine de-wormer, and it perked up, was eating, drinking, pooping regular poops.

Few days later it is drooping again, has extra saliva coming out of its mouth.

Gave it more wormer and it perked up again was eating, drinking, pooping regular poos.

Now it is acting sickly again w/ extra saliva.

Is this worms? Do I need another de-wormer

Thanks
    Melissa : (

2. karmical

karmical Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2007
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    Saw you didn't have any replies and I don't have much experience with worms, but I have done a little research in case it ever came up for my birds....I think there are wormers specific to certain kinds of worms and there's a certain method of administering the de-wormer....it might not be a bad idea to take a fecal sample to a vet (even a "regular" vet can do this for you) to find out if it is worms, what kind they are, and what kind of de-wormer to get and how to give it. That's what I'd do anyways [​IMG] GOod luck! I hope your chick is better soon!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by