1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Embarrassed hen!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Dec 18, 2008.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    OK So we have been getting one egg every other day or so for about ten days. [​IMG]

All happy. So this morning I open the coop to check and I see a hen sitting on the nest. And I swear she looked embarrassed like I had caught her doing something! [​IMG]

So I reach under her and find a tiny egg! She didn't stop me from taking it, but I wondered if it was her first because it was so tiny. Sure enough there was another egg there this afternoon!! [​IMG]

Woo Hoo they're finally starting to lay!!

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Maybe the other teased her about her tiny egg and she was having issues about it.[​IMG] Congrats on the new layers though!

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS on the eggs [​IMG]

4. Pull what?

Pull what? Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Fixed the family breakfast today, first one with only our girls eggs.

Not all of ours are laying yet, but I'm seeing more eggs everyday.

Congrats on the eggs!

5. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    ya'll are lucky! My chickens quit laying about a month ago and no eggs yet. 5 of my younger hens haven't started laying yet and they are old enough.

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:[​IMG]

I was surprised that the egg was beige. White hen I was expecting white eggs.....[​IMG] We put a light on a timer in the coop so they get 12 hours of light. I don't know if that changed things.

Anyway, here's to hoping for more eggs!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by