EMERGENCY chicken bleeding from mouth gasping for air

Lilorp14

Songster
8 Years
Sep 26, 2014
VA
My hen just got attacked by something I'm not sure what but. She is bleeding from her mouth gasping for air couging neck outstretched. What do I do??

Is there an obstruction of foreign object? If it was attacked, can you see the puncture wound?
I heard them all start squawking and I ran out and she was doing this. I do not see any wounds on her body but she is bleeding from the mouth. It was definitely a predator or else they wouldn't have all reacted like this. She is standing under a tree now but she is a skittish chicken and hard to catch so I don't want to make her run. This is the blood on the ground where I first saw her. It has bubbles in it from her coughing it up
Snapchat-1036796502.jpg

Do you have a fishing net to catch her? Will she come to you if you sit shaking a treat jar/sack. How much blood?
Enough for her to cough up and have it all over her beak. I have a feeling it is pooling in her throat or lungs because she is coughing weakly. It looks like she is struggling to breath. I will try to pick her up but i don't want to aggravate possible internal injuries...

Back
Top Bottom