Emergency: Chicken is throwing up and butt is swollen

How did her crop feel this morning? Empty, full, hard, mushy? Offer some cooked egg plus chicken feed mixed with water.
It felt full and a bit hard/mushy. She’s super skinny around the rest of her body, her vent is where it’s super big. I felt around inside her vent but couldn’t feel anything and she started acting really uncomfortable :( I’ll give her what you suggested

Recheck her crop again tomorrow morning. If you have some coconut oil, you can get it cold and break a tsp full into small pieces and fee that to her. How does her breath smell?
Her breath smells stagnant/ vomit like. I’ll give her some coconut oil. She’s currently sitting right next to her food and water bowl. She didn’t eat the egg mixture. She has both of her eyes closed like she’s in pain and wants to sleep which is kind of scary.

When I have seen crop disorders, I have usually found that there is another reason for the crop problem. This sounds like sour crop. Here are some good articles about crop problems:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ntion-and-treatments-of-crop-disorders.67194/
Thank you, I gave her some coconut oil and tried massaging around her back area to try and get her to drain. Some yellow liquid came out of her vent, and she threw up. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but I’m going to try massaging around her vent again in 30 minutes so she can digest the oil.

Thank you, I gave her some coconut oil and tried massaging around her back area to try and get her to drain. Some yellow liquid came out of her vent, and she threw up. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but I’m going to try massaging around her vent again in 30 minutes so she can digest the oil.

Ugh - poor baby. None of that sounds great.
If you couldn't feel an obstruction in the vent, you could rub some Preparation H (original, no "pain relief") or some original Hydrocortisone cream (same thing, no "pain relief") on a finger and into the vent. Either one might help reduce the swelling- as quick as possible to avoid further discomfort.

Ugh - poor baby. None of that sounds great.
If you couldn't feel an obstruction in the vent, you could rub some Preparation H (original, no "pain relief") or some original Hydrocortisone cream (same thing, no "pain relief") on a finger and into the vent. Either one might help reduce the swelling- as quick as possible to avoid further discomfort.
Unfortunately, she passed away this morning. She had some sort of seizure or possibly a heart attack.:(
Thank you for helping, I’m glad she’s not in pain anymore

Back
Top Bottom