Emergency Chicken Vent Prolapse

It looked like that black material was necrotic (dead) tissue that had dried out. Does she still have a prolapse, or is her vent back inside? Do you have any updated pictures?
That’s what I thought too. I didn’t have time to check today, it was chaotic, but I will check tomorrow and get some updated photos.

Just to give everyone an update, I was gone for a few days this weekend. Before I left, I had let her soak a few times and also cleaned and sprayed the area with an antibacterial spray.

Today I noticed that the unidentifiable black mass on her vent was gone. There wasn’t any blood or anything and I saw her regularly preening that area. She’s been eating and active and even pooping. Not sure she’s 100% ok or not but it’s look better than I thought. I’ll continue to monitor her and see how it all goes
Any update on this bird? I'm having a similar situation. My hen's prolapse will just not stay in. It has been over 2 weeks at this point. I push it in daily, and it comes out pretty soon after (minutes). She otherwise seems healthy and active. I'm wondering if trying to get this prolapse to stay in is a lost cause?

Back
Top Bottom