Emergency! Cookie Recipe needed!

Have you ever made cookies from the boxed cake mixes? I make them all the time for my kids. You just have to tweek the recipe a little to make them "cookie dough" like. I can make ALL cake mixes into cookies. Makes ALOT more cookies than the prepackaged cookie mixes. I can get 4 dozen 2'' cookies from one box rather than the normal dozen from the cookie mixes. And its actually cheaper. You can google online how to turn the cake mix by brand into cookie dough. My kids go CRAZY for them. Just a thought.

I have seen several people mention cake mix cookies but I have never tried them. I don't normally have a cake mix in the house. LOL

I made these last night, too.

Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe

Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Method
1 Cream the butter for 2 minutes. Add the sugars, cream for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the sugar butter mixture.

2 Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

3 Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.

yummy yummy!

i have to be on cookie patrol tomorrow. also made some for son's class Wed. night for their Valentine's party. (they are on mid-winter break so no school today and monday.)

he had a blast sprinkling raw sugar he dyed red on the heart cut outs. and he said while looking at the tray, "Mom, this is like math. Like 'timeses', see there are 3 in a row and 5 rows. that's 'timeses' Mom."
lol.png

learning to bake and seeing math in action...there's the payback!

Quote:
I do! Give it up! Please. lol
[/i]

I sent you a PM.

AL

What??? I was looking forward to that biscotti recipe.... why not just post it like everyone else did??? Please post!
smile.png

Quote:
I sent you a PM.

AL

What??? I was looking forward to that biscotti recipe.... why not just post it like everyone else did??? Please post!
smile.png

Sorry about that, It was in a format that I couldn't transfer to this MB. I would have had to hand type it, ( pain ). If you would like it I would be more than happy to send it in a regular e-mail to you. I need your regular e-mail add PM'd to me. That way you can have a nice printable/ version of it.

sorry for the hassle
AL

Cake Mix cookies:

One cake mix (say...chocolate)
Two cups of something that goes well with that flavor cake mix. (say, dried cherries or butterscotch chips)

Mix according to box directions but don't add any water. Stir in two cups of whatever and bake at 350 until desired doneness is reached.

Back
Top Bottom